TIL that up until 1977 an IQ of 70 or lower meant sterilization was appropriate in North Carolina. (charlotteobserver.com)

5219 ups - 2913 downs = 2306 votes

1411 comments submitted at 02:01:42 on Jul 25, 2013 by mennotron

  • [-]
  • icangrammar
  • 644 Points
  • 06:04:08, 25 July

Um...Sadly, I agree with this policy.

  • [-]
  • AlSweigart
  • 189 Points
  • 08:56:09, 25 July

Interesting. Do you think that people with an IQ lower than 70 should be restricted from voting in elections also?

  • [-]
  • CUDDLEMASTER
  • 649 Points
  • 09:56:21, 25 July

Absolutely. Kids can't vote, why should retards and blacks?

  • [-]
  • Gotterdamerrung
  • 200 Points
  • 10:00:40, 25 July

Damnit. Add another to the long list of reasons I'm going to hell for laughing.

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • 67 Points
  • 11:41:15, 25 July

How does it feel if you know he's not joking and is a member of white pride groups on reddit? Because he is...

  • [-]
  • Frankeh
  • 14 Points
  • 12:55:14, 25 July

Shit, I thought he was being satirical and upvoted him. Nope. Just racist.

  • [-]
  • thatguyoverthere202
  • 0 Points
  • 13:28:01, 25 July

In reality, what's the difference?

It's okay if you spew hate speech once, but if you do it regularly it's different?

I'm seeing some serious double standards from you guys.

  • [-]
  • Frankeh
  • 1 Points
  • 13:29:13, 25 July

Do you understand satire/sarcasm?

  • [-]
  • thatguyoverthere202
  • 2 Points
  • 13:37:53, 25 July

Yes, I understand satire and sarcasm. Additionally, I'm all for freedom of speech - especially when it comes to expression of personal views, be they blatantly racist or not.

But saying nigger once and saying nigger 3 times are still the same thing. The fact that you guys encourage this trash and then condemn it at the same time is just a bit hypocritical.

  • [-]
  • tiberiuschrist
  • 1 Points
  • 13:37:43, 25 July

it's less racist because it's sarcastic?

  • [-]
  • britta__perry
  • 23 Points
  • 12:40:22, 25 July

Good job reddit. Up voted a white surpremacist for spewing anti black hate.

  • [-]
  • werepat
  • 4 Points
  • 13:29:04, 25 July

...and someone gave him gold for that comment.

  • [-]
  • Feranor
  • 3 Points
  • 13:26:15, 25 July

Poe's Law...

  • [-]
  • Legolas75893
  • 0 Points
  • 12:53:30, 25 July

No proof he's a white supremacist yet though :|. I'm just seeing accusations. I mean what he said was wrong, and I didn't laugh. But it's not right to call him a white supremacist if he's racist. The two aren't mutually inclusive.

  • [-]
  • latticusnon
  • 0 Points
  • 13:30:29, 25 July

Eh, I assumed it was a joke, I hope everyone else does too. It's only a racist message if people interpret it that way.

  • [-]
  • Gotterdamerrung
  • 67 Points
  • 11:47:35, 25 July

Doesn't change the fact that I found it funny. I don't care what his predilections are. Doesn't mean I agree with him. I laugh at all kinds of shit that most people find inappropriate or offensive.

  • [-]
  • Redditisfulloidiots
  • 50 Points
  • 11:48:43, 25 July

hahahaha hahah

This guy literally thinks blacks shouldn't vote hahahaha

  • [-]
  • darkkwazar
  • 3 Points
  • 13:10:56, 25 July

Oh! He also said retards shouldn't vote. The irony!

  • [-]
  • Redditisfulloidiots
  • -1 Points
  • 13:20:56, 25 July

Hey Alannis. Shut the fuck up

  • [-]
  • Whitexar
  • -6 Points
  • 12:50:24, 25 July

Do I smell some pain in the ass? Some butthurt? Some SRS-tears?

  • [-]
  • Tr0llphace
  • -13 Points
  • 12:14:58, 25 July

if you're black and voted for Big Brobama just because he's black, you shouldn't vote.

  • [-]
  • Redditisfulloidiots
  • -11 Points
  • 12:15:55, 25 July

Yupp the tiny dicked cuddlemaster already linked this to a white pride subreddit

  • [-]
  • Tr0llphace
  • 3 Points
  • 12:23:48, 25 July

how did he leave you so asshurt if he has a tiny dick?

this is you: "omg alert the internet police, someone on reddit doesn't have the same world view as me and they got upvoted, this cannot stand!"

  • [-]
  • WoongjinCJ
  • -10 Points
  • 12:37:55, 25 July

hahahahaha

this cunt is an srs drone

hahahaha drink bleach and kill yourself you waste of resources hahahaha

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • 3 Points
  • 12:52:10, 25 July

Does your shrink know that SRS makes you cry?

  • [-]
  • WoongjinCJ
  • 1 Points
  • 13:33:34, 25 July

I don't know, I'm not so fucking backwards to think I'm getting oppressed in 2013. Hell this comment is probably gonna go on srs where you'll saying I was hurting you because thats just how retarded feminazis are

  • [-]
  • Redditisfulloidiots
  • -5 Points
  • 12:41:35, 25 July

Wow. Sooo alpha bro!

  • [-]
  • Bogey_Kingston
  • -6 Points
  • 12:56:38, 25 July

Blacks and retards.

  • [-]
  • kholto
  • -1 Points
  • 13:15:04, 25 July

> found

You imply he was still laughing after he found out it was literal rather than sarcasm, yet he clearly said that he found it funny when he first read it, not having that knowledge.

  • [-]
  • IamNoqturnal
  • 0 Points
  • 13:29:10, 25 July

Literally Hitler.

  • [-]
  • Whats_A_Bogan
  • -1 Points
  • 13:39:22, 25 July

I get your point, but the laughter comes from how preposterous the final addendum is, not how racist the commenter is.

  • [-]
  • BullyJack
  • 4 Points
  • 12:33:33, 25 July

Good answer! I too am not racist yet i laughed, albeit uncomfortably.

  • [-]
  • Trollkarlen
  • -1 Points
  • 13:18:50, 25 July

> I too am not racist

I don't think you know what "not racist" means.

  • [-]
  • iamsohungryrightmeow
  • -2 Points
  • 13:12:07, 25 July

Laughter brings out the truth in us. It's hard to fake a laugh.

  • [-]
  • ummmdude
  • -1 Points
  • 12:37:32, 25 July

> Doesn't change the fact that I found it funny.

Congrats, you're racist!

  • [-]
  • boo2k10
  • 1 Points
  • 12:09:09, 25 July

All jokes are offensive one way another, that's why they are jokes. Someone (or something) is always at the butt of it.

  • [-]
  • persiyan
  • 3 Points
  • 12:15:10, 25 July

But this wasn't a joke... ಠ_ಠ

Plus, even if he was joking I don't understand why it's funny or why one would even assume it was a joke.

  • [-]
  • boo2k10
  • 2 Points
  • 12:34:30, 25 July

I wasn't replying to original poster I was replying to the guy who found it funny and saw it as a joke.

  • [-]
  • Discoamazing
  • 0 Points
  • 12:51:49, 25 July

Yeah, but he wasn't joking. Look at his post history.

  • [-]
  • caramelisdelish
  • -2 Points
  • 12:54:17, 25 July

It doesn't matter. You're not joking, either, and yet you're a joke. All of SRS is a joke. We are pointing at you and laughing at you.

  • [-]
  • Discoamazing
  • 3 Points
  • 12:57:34, 25 July

What do I have to do with SRS? I've never posted there, and they've called me out more than once.

Congratulations on defending someone who actually believes that black people shouldn't be allowed to vote though, I guess.

Edit: oh my god, I just read your post history. Please tell me more about how badly oppressed you are, as a white man on Reddit.

  • [-]
  • Empha
  • 1 Points
  • 13:00:52, 25 July

I guess puns don't count as jokes, huh?

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • -4 Points
  • 11:51:04, 25 July

Yes its so funny he doesn't think black people are human. Hah

  • [-]
  • Gotterdamerrung
  • 11 Points
  • 11:59:34, 25 July

Yeah, if you're trying to make me feel guilty or bad about the shit I find funny you're barking up the wrong tree.

  • [-]
  • UnattendedFuneral
  • -1 Points
  • 12:29:47, 25 July

U R SO FUCKING REAL.

It doesn't get realer than you. THA WILDNESS.

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • -10 Points
  • 12:01:44, 25 July

If you find a KKK member being encouraged for his genuine racism I don't care what makes you feel bad because you are clearly 13 and useless

  • [-]
  • Redditisfulloidiots
  • 2 Points
  • 12:14:53, 25 July

Yeah amazing.

Making a racist comment that isn't a joke is +300 explaining why it's not funny is -5

  • [-]
  • themangodess
  • -2 Points
  • 12:17:00, 25 July

Oh boy. I'm pretty sure his message is going to fall on deaf ears when the people upvoting him are not taking him seriously. "Mr. Adult".

  • [-]
  • Redditisfulloidiots
  • -7 Points
  • 12:09:46, 25 July

Hahaha black people hahahaha

  • [-]
  • Theothor
  • 2 Points
  • 12:03:52, 25 July

Wait, so you can't find a ridiculous statement funny because someone else agrees with it?

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • -8 Points
  • 12:04:33, 25 July

He doesn't think it's ridiculous, stop treating it like he's joking

  • [-]
  • Theothor
  • 3 Points
  • 12:14:08, 25 July

I wasn't. I can laugh at a ridiculous statement even if I know he wasn't joking. In the same way as I laugh at the westboro church people.

  • [-]
  • BlazedStar
  • 1 Points
  • 12:04:16, 25 July

Way to put words in his mouth. The post was funny, not his beliefs. Get that stick out of your ass and stop trying to make this into something more than it is. People laughing isn't going to support racial hate.

And you seem to have a hard on for exposing cuddlemaster to the subreddits he subscribes. We get it. He's a white supremacist. You making 6 comments saying the same thing isn't going to change that. Most people upvoted the comment because they found it funny, not because they agree with it.

  • [-]
  • ummmdude
  • 2 Points
  • 12:42:30, 25 July

> The post was funny, not his beliefs.

There was no joke. It was just a statement of what he thinks.

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • -3 Points
  • 12:05:36, 25 July

The post stops being funny when you realize he's serious

Stop encouraging the KKK member

  • [-]
  • BlazedStar
  • 3 Points
  • 12:20:51, 25 July

Not really. But hey, if you honestly think this is going to make a difference, keep at it. Like the other poster said, if you're trying to make me feel bad you're wasting your time. Shitty people with shitty beliefs exist. That doesn't mean I can't laugh at their views every once in a while.

  • [-]
  • Biscuit27
  • 1 Points
  • 12:33:17, 25 July

So do millions of other people buddy. That's what makes comedy beautiful and over sensitive self righteousness cunty and annoying.

  • [-]
  • flosofl
  • 25 Points
  • 12:35:25, 25 July

~~/u/Anavarga:~~ ~~>How does it feel if you know he's not joking and is a member of white pride groups on reddit? Because he is...~~

~~Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of fucking accusation and no evidence. We're supposed to believe you because...?~~

~~I looked at /u/CUDDLEMASTER comment and submission history, and found ZERO evidence that supports your assertion.~~

EDIT: Yeah, didn't go back far enough in the comment history. Dude is pretty much a racist asshat.

  • [-]
  • Frankeh
  • 19 Points
  • 12:56:57, 25 July

You didn't look hard enough..

  • [-]
  • flosofl
  • 3 Points
  • 13:03:46, 25 July

Holy shit you're right. I didn't go back far enough.

  • [-]
  • firex726
  • 3 Points
  • 13:15:52, 25 July

Might want to reread what OP posted, it was with regards to white pride groups. So show usa post of him posting in one such groups and/or supporting them.

That comment was about a barbaric country wanting to imprison a rape victim. Can't say I would really object to people using racial slurs against such neanderthals (which is probably itself an insult to neanderthals).

  • [-]
  • AsDevilsRun
  • 0 Points
  • 13:43:51, 25 July

He's definitely racist. I still don't see anything indicating he's in white supremacist groups.

  • [-]
  • Discoamazing
  • 12 Points
  • 12:52:44, 25 July

You must not have read back very far, because he speaks disparagingly of minorities on more or less every page.

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • 4 Points
  • 12:57:06, 25 July

reading is hard for racists

  • [-]
  • flosofl
  • 2 Points
  • 13:06:43, 25 July

Already apologized and not going to do it again. I did not go back far enough in the post history.

I am not a racist. That dude was.

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • -1 Points
  • 13:08:04, 25 July

Your post is calling me a liar and it's wrong. I didn't call you a racist, I asked you to remove the lie

  • [-]
  • Nexr37
  • -2 Points
  • 13:02:03, 25 July

I'm racist and I was accepted into Tokyo U. I can assure you reading is not hard for me.

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • -3 Points
  • 12:43:11, 25 July

Wow you're flat out lying

  • [-]
  • flosofl
  • 3 Points
  • 13:04:00, 25 July

Didn't go back far enough in the history. Sorry.

EDIT: And... yes, because making a mistake and admitting it is the exact same thing as flat out lying.

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • -2 Points
  • 13:05:53, 25 July

Edit your post then

  • [-]
  • flosofl
  • 3 Points
  • 13:11:52, 25 July

I fucking did.

  • [-]
  • Redditisfulloidiots
  • -4 Points
  • 12:37:09, 25 July

didn't look

  • [-]
  • flosofl
  • 0 Points
  • 12:40:57, 25 July

~~Well you certainly didn't. Where exactly are the "white pride" comments?~~

~~I see some intolerance and general idoicy that's common with everyone on this site, but please point me to the white pride group that this guy is supposedly a member of.~~

EDIT: Didn't go far enough back in the history. Dude is complete a total racist, especially when it comes to the Middle East. I apologize for my knee-jerk.

  • [-]
  • jessylovejojo
  • 3 Points
  • 13:14:40, 25 July

1 day ago >I live near a Muslim neighborhood. I can't wait until this Ramadan bullshit is over. I have to hear their horrible calls to prayer blasting across town all day and all night. Fucking arrogant cunts.

2 days ago >Black women are ugly. Fact. I wouldn't pay Naomi Campbell to mow my lawn.

2 days ago >You sound black.

3 days ago >Why do you hate thieving, rapist niggers? RACIST!

7 days ago >If you are a white woman, stay around white people.

7 days ago >Why a white woman would set foot in a rag head country is beyond me. I can't wait until the desert eats that city.

11 days ago >So true. Young black men are just angels. (presumed sarcasm)

21 days ago >Nigs.

23 days ago >I'm racist and I love it.

1 month ago >What's good about black culture?

That's what I could find in the last 30 days. There was more that couldn't really be quoted because it required a good bit of context. Also, he's going through and deleting comments at the moment, so there may have been other things that the other users saw. I was going to guess that he probably isn't a white-righter as much as just a 2edgy4u dumbass teenager, but one of his comments puts him as 32, so I don't know.

  • [-]
  • BrassTeacup
  • 0 Points
  • 12:31:28, 25 July

I couldn't see anything to that effect in his history.

  • [-]
  • Dziubie
  • 2 Points
  • 12:59:59, 25 July

He says Muslims have no rights in France, that 'all black women are ugly. Fact." He asks someone which 'minority scum' they are. He also says starvation is beneficial for weeding out the population. I feel disgusting just typing that. That's just from the first 2 pages of his comments. EDIT: sorry, probably first 5 not 2, but here http://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/1irv46/myfriendgotjumpedawhileagoandgota_tbi/cb81z96

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • 1 Points
  • 12:32:39, 25 July

You clearly didn't look

  • [-]
  • BrassTeacup
  • 3 Points
  • 12:36:11, 25 July

I'm afraid I did. Can you permalink to the contrary?

  • [-]
  • AsDevilsRun
  • 2 Points
  • 12:51:11, 25 July

Just give a link, man. You and /u/redditisfulloidiots are just saying it without proof.

My pitchfork is sitting right here, I JUST NEED EVIDENCE.

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • -2 Points
  • 12:55:30, 25 July

Without proof? Unless he has literally deleted everything in history it is still there

  • [-]
  • AsDevilsRun
  • 2 Points
  • 12:57:05, 25 July

Then you (or anyone else that hasn't been able to find it) should be able to find it and link it. I haven't been able to. When I do, I'll link it.

Looking through it, he's probably a bit racist. I can't find anything that says he's in a white supremacist group, though.

EDIT: Also, I'll just say that even if the guy is a white supremacist, I'm far more bothered by the fact that so many people in this thread ARE SUPPORTING THE IDEA OF EUGENICS.

Even if you personally believe people of a certain intelligence shouldn't procreate, nothing, absolutely nothing, gives the government the right to take away their ability to reproduce.

  • [-]
  • wabbitsdo
  • 1 Points
  • 13:16:47, 25 July

Oh boy, and there I was chuckling at how sharp his sarcasm was.

  • [-]
  • Smiley_Pete
  • 1 Points
  • 13:29:34, 25 July

Well I imagine whoever have him hold feels like an asshole now.

  • [-]
  • solmakou
  • -2 Points
  • 12:17:13, 25 July

How does it feel to him knowing that he's being upvoted because what he said in earnest was taken as a joke?!

  • [-]
  • opiate_adventurer
  • 0 Points
  • 13:12:30, 25 July

Hey, It's you again! Glad to see you are still getting angry at people over the Internet :) I was looking through your comments to see if it was really you and I noticed something strange. Do you come to reddit just to be offended, and are you ever happy?

  • [-]
  • Tr0llphace
  • 0 Points
  • 13:21:00, 25 July

I gave his comment reddit gold just for you, now it will get 10x the visibility.

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • -1 Points
  • 13:32:58, 25 July

They're gonna cut the power at your trailer now. Good one

  • [-]
  • Tr0llphace
  • 0 Points
  • 13:35:53, 25 July

stop ducking the question: where is your evidence that his comment is actually racist or that he is a "member of racist white pride groups"?

I went through his comment history and didn't see anything like that at all, just random trolling, same as me. Your anti-white comments have shown you to literally be the only real racist in this thread.

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • -1 Points
  • 13:37:53, 25 July

The question about your small dick? I already laughed. Or the questions about you being a racist loser?

  • [-]
  • Tr0llphace
  • -1 Points
  • 13:40:19, 25 July

answer the question or you are admitting you're a racist and lied repeatedly in this thread.

  • [-]
  • anusface
  • -2 Points
  • 12:24:58, 25 July

Grand Dragon Cuddlemaster?

  • [-]
  • Tr0llphace
  • -1 Points
  • 13:30:44, 25 July

by the way what evidence do you have that he's a member of white pride groups? I just went through about 10 pages in his comment and while he's trolling people I dont see anything racist like what you're claiming, you seem to be the only real racist here. A liar to boot.

  • [-]
  • frenchness
  • 17 Points
  • 10:29:14, 25 July

I laughed too... It felt good, but I feel bad.

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • -9 Points
  • 11:45:30, 25 July

How does it feel when you learn the person isn't joking and actually posts nothing but his hatred for black people on this site? Because that should make you feel pretty stupid. The actual Klan member above isn't joking

  • [-]
  • Theothor
  • 8 Points
  • 12:04:53, 25 July

Even bigger reason to laugh at him.

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • -8 Points
  • 12:06:16, 25 July

And upvote him to 300. Maybe you can by him old to show him how bad his racism is

  • [-]
  • Theothor
  • 3 Points
  • 12:18:27, 25 July

It matter if he has 0 or 300 points. It doesn't say anything about racism being good or bad.

  • [-]
  • Liempt
  • 3 Points
  • 12:16:40, 25 July

It feels... completely fine. I, unlike you, have the ability to maintain my opinion about things regardless of what jokes people are making about them.

How does it feel when being such a hypersensitive twit?

  • [-]
  • PopcornPartyTom
  • 4 Points
  • 12:09:56, 25 July

Lighten up. Life isn't as serious as you make it out to be.

  • [-]
  • persiyan
  • -3 Points
  • 12:13:56, 25 July

Right, it's actually even more serious than you make it out to be...

  • [-]
  • PopcornPartyTom
  • 4 Points
  • 12:36:15, 25 July

It really isn't, but to each his own. I don't see the point in getting worked up over an anonymous post on an internet forum, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. I suppose you can get riled up and attempt to start up some 'cause' for 'the abolishment of internet racism', but i suspect you don't actually care that much, you simply have the moral upper hand in this situation and who's going to argue with you that racism is right? No one will more than likely, which makes it quite convenient for those who want to pretend they actually give a shit about internet racism and start an argument without the fear of refutation. So vent your petty anger and bask in your own insecurities, nothing will happen and nobody actually cares, Because it's the internet .

  • [-]
  • Rob_is_my_real_name
  • -1 Points
  • 13:02:07, 25 July

If he was satirical it'd be ok. But 500 people on reddit just up voted a racist.

  • [-]
  • thehuntedfew
  • -1 Points
  • 11:47:43, 25 July

I'm still laughing, so you'll have some company

  • [-]
  • bizarre_coincidence
  • 59 Points
  • 11:18:26, 25 July

I realize you are joking, but if someone is incapable of understanding what they are voting on, if they are are likely only able to vote if someone else tells them what to vote for, should they be voting?

Obviously it is dangerous to say this or that group is incapable of understanding what they are doing, as it leaves an entire class of peoples disenfranchised from their government, but blindly saying "Every adult should be entitled to a vote unless they committed a felony" doesn't sound quite right either.

  • [-]
  • kilgore_trout8989
  • 6 Points
  • 12:10:13, 25 July

Does being more intelligent really mean you're a better voter?

  • [-]
  • bizarre_coincidence
  • 3 Points
  • 12:30:58, 25 July

Only up to a point, and not even a very high point.

What [should] matter in an election is that your vote reflects something about your desires, and a certain level of mental competency (in addition to introspection and research) is required to know your political desires and how different votes align with those desires.

For example, someone saying "of the current controversial political issues, I find [insert issue] the most important, and therefore I will vote straight ticket for [insert political party]" is fine with me, as long as the political party is actually aligned with their views on the issue.

A better informed and more intelligent person can take a more nuanced approach to voting which better takes into consideration their beliefs, which I think would make them a "better voter" by some measures, but at some point interest and dedication to being informed are going to far outweigh intelligence.

So does smarter = better? Maybe a little. But I don't think it really matters where you fall as long as you have a basic level of competence.

  • [-]
  • kilgore_trout8989
  • 1 Points
  • 12:34:45, 25 July

I completely agree, especially with the current system we have in place (In the US.)

  • [-]
  • ITripFatPpl
  • 1 Points
  • 13:27:23, 25 July

Yes, the intelligent and better informed should be doing the voting.

  • [-]
  • SoulCantBeCut
  • 1 Points
  • 13:45:19, 25 July

What does it mean for a voter to be "better"? Depends on your definition of that.

  • [-]
  • caramelisdelish
  • 0 Points
  • 13:15:46, 25 July

Does being more intelligent really mean you're better at a task that requires intelligence?

  • [-]
  • shadowed_stranger
  • 32 Points
  • 11:49:13, 25 July

>I realize you are joking, but if someone is incapable of understanding what they are voting on, if they are are likely only able to vote if someone else tells them what to vote for, should they be voting?

They shouldn't. Period. The problem is that neither the government or other people should be allowed to decide whether you or me isn't allowed to vote.

Just because something shouldn't happen doesn't mean we should make it illegal or not allow it.

  • [-]
  • real_liberal
  • 2 Points
  • 13:41:24, 25 July

The idea is nice, I suppose, but it's also what people have done in the past to disenfranchise minorities with less access to education. I also know plenty of intelligent people that shouldn't vote, imo, because they're lockstep leftist a or right wingers.

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • -1 Points
  • 11:53:12, 25 July

He isn't joking, his guy is a member of every white rights group on reddit

  • [-]
  • shadowed_stranger
  • 6 Points
  • 12:01:29, 25 July

I really don't care what the guy believes or intends. His joke/idea/suggestion either stands or fails on it's own. If it's so out there that even if he was serious about it but everyone else thinks it's a joke, then the fact that he may or may not be a racist really doesn't matter, since what he said was ridiculous.

Even bad people have some good ideas, which should be discussed based on their own merit, not attacked or supported based on who said them.

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • 2 Points
  • 12:03:07, 25 July

His idea is that blacks aren't human and good old reddit is encouraging him

  • [-]
  • shadowed_stranger
  • -1 Points
  • 12:08:27, 25 July

It seemed like a joke to me, and based on the responses, most of them responses seem to feel the same way. Like I said, even if he is serious, his idea is so out there that no one else thinks he is.

  • [-]
  • blurgtheamoeba
  • 11 Points
  • 11:26:06, 25 July

THe other option is their freddom is taken away, as in others decide for them..

  • [-]
  • AndIPullOutMyNine
  • 18 Points
  • 11:57:40, 25 July

Which is often what happens for many with an IQ below 70, I work at one such facility.

  • [-]
  • blurgtheamoeba
  • 0 Points
  • 12:07:50, 25 July

A prison or a hospital? If you don't mind me asking?

  • [-]
  • AndIPullOutMyNine
  • 9 Points
  • 12:10:16, 25 July

Neither, a residential facility

  • [-]
  • bizarre_coincidence
  • 4 Points
  • 11:57:54, 25 July

Yes, but if they cannot reasonably decide on their own (after discussing the issue in a reasonably thorough way with others), should we allow them to be exploited by those close to them? Should anybody be able to have more than one vote by being able to co-opt the vote of someone who cannot vote for themselves?

If they aren't really deciding for themselves, how important is the illusion of choice, the illusion of freedom.

N.B. I would personally rather err on the side of letting too many people vote than too few because the conequences otherwise can be both bad and hard to fix. Still, I think this (who should/shouldn't vote and why) is something everybody should seriously think about at least once.

  • [-]
  • blurgtheamoeba
  • 7 Points
  • 12:06:57, 25 July

You know, thinking about it. I don't think they should have a right to vote. Because a) they are not really contributing to society, b) the rest of society has the responsibility to take care of them and thus should have the right to decide how they want to carry out such a responsibility.

  • [-]
  • juma606
  • 2 Points
  • 12:12:15, 25 July

No, he's not.

  • [-]
  • AHedgeKnight
  • 3 Points
  • 12:10:29, 25 July

He's not joking, he is a member of the white supremacist groups on reddit.

  • [-]
  • caramelisdelish
  • 1 Points
  • 13:42:44, 25 July

He is not. You, however, are a member of the female supremacist group on Reddit. You are being reported for it.

  • [-]
  • AHedgeKnight
  • 0 Points
  • 13:44:03, 25 July

I am what?

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • 2 Points
  • 11:38:10, 25 July

Look at his history, he's not kidding. He hates blacks

  • [-]
  • wrincewind
  • 0 Points
  • 11:45:16, 25 July

or he constantly jokes about how he hates blacks to make people laugh inappropriately?

  • [-]
  • ITripFatPpl
  • 2 Points
  • 13:25:32, 25 July

No like he's genuinely really racists in his comment history

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • 2 Points
  • 11:46:21, 25 July

Look at his history, he is a member of white pride subreddits

  • [-]
  • wrincewind
  • 4 Points
  • 11:58:47, 25 July

Welp. I take my former comment back.

  • [-]
  • eat-your-corn-syrup
  • 1 Points
  • 12:23:22, 25 July

> unless they committed a felony

Never understood this part.

  • [-]
  • bizarre_coincidence
  • 1 Points
  • 12:37:17, 25 July

I'm not sure I do either. I assume it's meant to be punitive, although I can't imagine anybody saying, "I was going to kill him, but then I asked myself 'Is he really worth giving up my right to vote for?'"

Although it does make a small bit of sense. If you're not willing to abide by the rules that society has (hopefully) agreed on, should you have a say in shaping how those rules evolve? </end wild_speculation>

  • [-]
  • BullyJack
  • 1 Points
  • 12:36:09, 25 July

I think with our prison population that we should reevaluate letting felons vote if they're on the outside and are following parole.

  • [-]
  • bizarre_coincidence
  • 1 Points
  • 12:45:03, 25 July

My understanding is that in some states, after a given amount of time, ex-cons can reapply to vote. Unfortunately, since voting is done at the state level, I don't think we can get a better fix. Hooray states' rights.

  • [-]
  • rawtwentythree
  • 1 Points
  • 12:49:45, 25 July

>I realize you are joking, but if someone is incapable of understanding what they are voting on, if they are are likely only able to vote if someone else tells them what to vote for, should they be voting?

You just described about 90% of the population.

  • [-]
  • bizarre_coincidence
  • 1 Points
  • 12:53:26, 25 July

Well, cutting down on the number of voters by a factor of 10 would certainly do a lot for those long lines I heard about last election.

  • [-]
  • Anterai
  • 1 Points
  • 13:45:52, 25 July

Funnily enough, most voters don't know what their voting for. Because they cannot analyze properly the skills of one or the other candidate

  • [-]
  • PraiseDog
  • -2 Points
  • 11:27:41, 25 July

> if someone is incapable of understanding what they are voting on, if they are are likely only able to vote if someone else tells them what to vote for, should they be voting?

So Fox viewers shouldn't be allowed to vote?

  • [-]
  • Pteraspidomorphi
  • 5 Points
  • 11:29:36, 25 July

It's not democratic if a few corporate execs effectively control millions of votes.

  • [-]
  • bizarre_coincidence
  • 1 Points
  • 12:05:55, 25 July

I wouldn't necessarily say that Fox News viewers are incapable of understanding, just that they are horribly misinformed.

  • [-]
  • Demonweed
  • 1 Points
  • 11:39:39, 25 July

I think you just described why the state legislature in North Carolina should immediately and permanently disband.

  • [-]
  • BurningCount
  • 73 Points
  • 10:59:23, 25 July

Don't forget women. I don't trust women. They're up to something.

  • [-]
  • Catch_twenty-two
  • 67 Points
  • 11:15:41, 25 July

cough Jews cough

  • [-]
  • the__itis
  • 26 Points
  • 11:53:15, 25 July

If a Jew has an IQ of 140 they should be able to vote twice.

  • [-]
  • Theseusperse
  • 3 Points
  • 12:06:07, 25 July

Worryingly that's a disproportionately high number of Jews.

  • [-]
  • PositiveOutlook
  • 1 Points
  • 12:22:55, 25 July

Why's that worrying?

  • [-]
  • Theseusperse
  • 3 Points
  • 12:30:32, 25 July

Because it means there's little hope for the rest of us.

  • [-]
  • Monifix
  • 1 Points
  • 13:00:28, 25 July

Only because those were the ones smart enough not to try to fight the nazis and run away :P

  • [-]
  • the__itis
  • 1 Points
  • 12:10:03, 25 July

shhhhh don't tell anyone

  • [-]
  • HerbertMcSherbert
  • 29 Points
  • 11:47:46, 25 July

It's all the smoke and ash that makes them cough.

  • [-]
  • Dudeness52
  • 2 Points
  • 13:11:21, 25 July

Best comment on the thread

  • [-]
  • marti141
  • 2 Points
  • 12:01:16, 25 July

(Chuckle) Aww come on

  • [-]
  • eat-your-corn-syrup
  • 5 Points
  • 12:21:17, 25 July

Jewish black women!

  • [-]
  • averageordinaryguy
  • 2 Points
  • 12:48:45, 25 July

C'mon. They're basically asking for it.

  • [-]
  • randolf_carter
  • 1 Points
  • 12:44:42, 25 July

My aunt meets this description, oh boy.

  • [-]
  • thewildrose
  • 1 Points
  • 13:13:20, 25 July

Those are awfully hard to come by.

  • [-]
  • 1mikeg
  • 0 Points
  • 12:44:59, 25 July

Jewish black lesbian an IQ less than 70?

  • [-]
  • Mel___Gibson
  • 1 Points
  • 13:22:21, 25 July

Did they spray powder in your lungs?

  • [-]
  • OldRedditorNewTricks
  • 1 Points
  • 13:28:01, 25 July

Black female Jews?

  • [-]
  • eat-your-corn-syrup
  • 2 Points
  • 12:22:52, 25 July

I heard their brains are different. No vote from them!

  • [-]
  • eat-your-corn-syrup
  • 9 Points
  • 12:20:21, 25 July

Reminds me of a great speech from The Dictator.

"I will tell you what democracy is. Democracy is the worst. Endless talking and listening to every stupid opinion, and everybody's vote counts, no matter how crippled or black or female they are"

  • [-]
  • phaederus
  • 1 Points
  • 13:23:13, 25 July

The worst thing is nobody is ever to blame. At least in dictatorships it's clear who is fucking up and making the bad decisions. In Democracies it's always "it's the damn Liberal's fault", or "it's the damn Conservative's fault", or "I didn't vote for that, it's not my fault!".

  • [-]
  • Jezamiah
  • 16 Points
  • 12:19:38, 25 July

WTF is wrong with me, I'm black and i still laughed

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • 29 Points
  • 11:37:40, 25 July

This user is not joking, look at his history

  • [-]
  • Blitchiz
  • 0 Points
  • 12:11:23, 25 July

Could it feasibly possible that this account serves the purpose of being facetious ? By golly people can create a persona on the Internet.

  • [-]
  • Redditisfulloidiots
  • -4 Points
  • 12:17:21, 25 July

A facetious account that actively participates in white pride subreddits?

  • [-]
  • Tr0llphace
  • 6 Points
  • 12:19:44, 25 July

why is it you think white pride is wrong but black pride is okay?

  • [-]
  • abaddon1125
  • 2 Points
  • 12:46:58, 25 July

>why is it you think white pride is wrong but black pride is okay?

Because one is about the superiority of whites above other "races" while the other is about maintaining dignity in the face of centuries of oppression. Just because they have similar names don't make the mistake of assuming they're anything alike.

  • [-]
  • Tr0llphace
  • -2 Points
  • 12:59:29, 25 July

i'm not talking about organizations. if I simply state I am proud to be white, how is that any different than a black person saying they're proud to be black?

lol @ downvotes yet nobody can answer the question, you cant answer because you know you're wrong. if its wrong for one race, then its wrong for all races. Blacks don't get a pass just because they're black, THAT is racist.

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • -6 Points
  • 12:32:14, 25 July

Only someone literally clueless can ask this.

It's almost as if the two groups have different global powers

  • [-]
  • Tr0llphace
  • 3 Points
  • 12:36:42, 25 July

so you can't answer the question then, thought so.

you're also conflating the idea of white pride with cross burning KKK style racism, why is it you don't associate black pride with the black panthers or muslim brotherhood i.e. extremists from their race ? you are the one who is clueless and prejudiced here, you think blacks can express racial pride, but whites are not allowed to without being racist. Embarrassing.

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • -4 Points
  • 12:45:57, 25 July

If you run around saying blacks shouldn't vote there literally is no difference I understand that you're a member the hate group subreddits and that's why you're being upvoted because like rodents, you require numbers to support your hatred

  • [-]
  • Redditisfulloidiots
  • 30 Points
  • 11:48:08, 25 July

Good job reddit, upvote an actual racist because you think he's joking

  • [-]
  • 2nd_world_nihilist
  • 37 Points
  • 12:16:46, 25 July

Yeah, now he is able to enforce worldwide apartheid with that karma

  • [-]
  • probablysarcastic
  • 0 Points
  • 12:09:36, 25 July

I upvoted because I thought he was serious.

  • [-]
  • redditor_in_wild
  • 1 Points
  • 13:40:13, 25 July

He must not realize all of the white trash with an iQ of less than 70 that votes in North Carolina.

  • [-]
  • AngryPackOfPuggles
  • 1 Points
  • 11:58:01, 25 July

Fuck you, nazi

  • [-]
  • oakshaft
  • 1 Points
  • 13:39:07, 25 July

Im going to hell...

  • [-]
  • crazyduckperson
  • 1 Points
  • 13:10:06, 25 July

what the fuck cuddlemaster? judge people for who they are instead of the color of their skin or the place they were born.

  • [-]
  • Grathon_Tolar
  • 2 Points
  • 13:21:50, 25 July

+570 karma and gold?

As a black man, this is EXACTLY why I have never and will never go to a Reddit meet-up.

  • [-]
  • badlucklincoln
  • 2 Points
  • 13:25:12, 25 July

Yeah, I'd never tell anyone in real life I go on reddit.

  • [-]
  • ElopingCanadian
  • 0 Points
  • 13:10:32, 25 July

SRS faggots incoming...

  • [-]
  • ByronsReward
  • 1 Points
  • 12:38:55, 25 July

http://i.imgur.com/VUAWW.gif

  • [-]
  • Nexr37
  • -3 Points
  • 11:37:19, 25 July

Well honestly, do you think if blacks couldn't vote, that Obama would never be president?

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • 1 Points
  • 13:45:48, 25 July

http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/1j000v/tilthatupuntil1977aniqof70orlower_meant/cb9yz7x

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • 0 Points
  • 11:39:39, 25 July

No democrat since the 60s would have been and stop encouraging the actual racist above. Cuddlemaster is member of the whiterights groups on reddit

  • [-]
  • themangodess
  • 1 Points
  • 12:06:20, 25 July

Prove it.

He's making a joke to mock someone and both of you are wrong.

  • [-]
  • Anavarga
  • -2 Points
  • 12:07:33, 25 July

Look at his posting history. Either jokes every single post in white pride subreddits and defaults or you're all idiots

  • [-]
  • Nexr37
  • 0 Points
  • 13:00:52, 25 July

What about having white pride is racist? I am white and damn proud of it. How come when blacks say they have black pride no one considers it racist?

  • [-]
  • themangodess
  • -1 Points
  • 12:32:55, 25 July

>Look at his posting history

I have, and I went back a week and haven't seen a single comment in a "white pride" subreddit.

Making accusations about someone's comment history to discredit someone is just the final nail in the coffin. People upvote you because they have no reason to believe you would lie, and no one bothers to check to see if you are wrong. This is really getting old.

  • [-]
  • olofman
  • -3 Points
  • 12:03:53, 25 July

/r/summerreddit

  • [-]
  • EViL-D
  • -5 Points
  • 11:26:35, 25 July

You forgot women, amiright guys?

  • [-]
  • HopelessAmbition
  • -2 Points
  • 12:32:21, 25 July

> Why should retards and blacks?

They're both in the same category /r/ImGoingToHellForThis

  • [-]
  • NoBraveNovember
  • 3 Points
  • 12:36:30, 25 July

/r/imgoingtomiddleschoolforthis

  • [-]
  • timedoc
  • -1 Points
  • 13:09:17, 25 July

[LMAO] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M)