Comedian Ronny Chieng breaks down Kanye West lyrics (youtube.com)

videos

2676 ups - 732 downs = 1944 votes

210 comments submitted at 16:33:20 on Apr 26, 2014 by Qui_gon_Joint

  • [-]
  • sk3pt1c
  • 82 Points
  • 17:53:15, 26 April

Oh man, the times i've stopped myself before arguing logically about something with a girlfriend cause i knew it'd end in disaster...

  • [-]
  • RussellManiac
  • 71 Points
  • 18:17:19, 26 April

I made the ultimate mistake recently. My girlfriend and I were getting hot and heavy...when she asks me who I think is prettier...her or her best friend.

I knew this was a trap question. But I was convinced I could debate my way past this. Her girlfriend is VERY hot, and my girlfriend has a little extra weight on her. I loved my GF, and would never have cheated on her. In fact, I thought to myself...we have a great relationship, and being truthful can't hurt...it'll show her I'm honest. I kind of took it as a challenge, to see if I could successfully answer the unanswerable.

So I proceeded to answer the question. Was pretty much the start of the downward spiral of our relationship.

  • [-]
  • mikey_says
  • 166 Points
  • 18:28:08, 26 April

dude

  • [-]
  • Emerald_Triangle
  • 3 Points
  • 20:59:48, 26 April

but he ended up with the hot GF after she heard about it

  • [-]
  • uhtt
  • 164 Points
  • 19:10:08, 26 April

> we have a great relationship, and being truthful can't hurt...it'll show her I'm honest

you went full retard there.

  • [-]
  • tharju
  • -5 Points
  • 20:02:07, 26 April

never go full retard

  • [-]
  • Ph0X
  • 1 Points
  • 20:59:45, 26 April

the irony.

  • [-]
  • fingrar
  • 1 Points
  • 21:00:20, 26 April

hahahah you got down voted

  • [-]
  • slick8086
  • 1 Points
  • 21:02:59, 26 April

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk

  • [-]
  • leafsleafsleafs13
  • -42 Points
  • 20:44:08, 26 April

Let me ask you (and this goes for everyone else on reddit who says this or upvotes people saying it): why do you think it's okay to use the word "retard" in such an offensive way? Do you use the words "gay" or "fag" in a derogatory manner? Probably not, because it's offensive to gay people. Using the word "retard" is offensive to mentally disabled people in precisely the same way. Please, don't do it. There's no reason for it, it isn't funny, and it makes you look like a fool. Edit: for all of you downvoting me, can one of you perhaps reply to me? Why do you think it's acceptable to use that word in that way?

  • [-]
  • thewrongstuff95
  • 11 Points
  • 20:50:51, 26 April

People need to stop being offensive; I agree with that but at the same time, people need to stop being offended so easily.

  • [-]
  • leafsleafsleafs13
  • 0 Points
  • 20:56:47, 26 April

Is that really being offended too easily? By using the word "retarded" to call someone's actions stupid, you are effectively calling mentally challenged people, such as those with autism or down syndrome, stupid. People who were born with those types of disorders are not stupid, and it's offensive to them and others to say that they are.

  • [-]
  • thewrongstuff95
  • 1 Points
  • 20:59:35, 26 April

I'm not going to argue with you on this because I'm not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours either.

  • [-]
  • crazystrawman
  • 22 Points
  • 20:48:58, 26 April

Stop being a retard you gay fag.

  • [-]
  • Halite1
  • 1 Points
  • 21:03:06, 26 April

Wow, you're so edgy.

  • [-]
  • kapslocks
  • 4 Points
  • 20:52:52, 26 April

A.) You need thick skin on the internet B.) Tropic Thunder

  • [-]
  • Soutine
  • 2 Points
  • 20:55:42, 26 April

But is retard ever used in clinical circumstances? A doctor wouldn't say "well the problem here is that your son is a total retard". Isn't it exclusively used just in a derogatory sense and therefore acceptable? Calling someone a mongoloid or saying he's acting like he has cerebral palsy I could understand being wrong. But calling someone a retard is exclusively an insult.

  • [-]
  • DownGoesTheKarma
  • 1 Points
  • 20:58:33, 26 April

You're getting downvoted because you're getting overly offended over a joke/reference

  • [-]
  • Poolboy24
  • 2 Points
  • 20:54:07, 26 April

Don't be retarded faggot, he's just using words to denote an idea based on a general understanding of the slang use of a word.

  • [-]
  • captain42
  • 4 Points
  • 20:49:34, 26 April

you tell that faggot

  • [-]
  • kabylewolf
  • 2 Points
  • 20:50:37, 26 April

alright..

shut up, downey

  • [-]
  • Z3r0mir
  • -1 Points
  • 20:52:07, 26 April

Because fuck you, that's why. Take your high horse and jump off a cliff, you fedora wearing holier than thou party pooping bitch monkey.

And I've got more phrases where that came from too, with each one funnier than the last.

  • [-]
  • mintriot
  • 1 Points
  • 21:00:24, 26 April

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOBoKxEcVAA&t=12

  • [-]
  • Fighterhayabusa
  • 1 Points
  • 21:00:34, 26 April

http://youtu.be/eOBoKxEcVAA

  • [-]
  • teenagedirt
  • 0 Points
  • 21:02:21, 26 April

I mean, I call people faggots, gay, retarded, idiots, fat fucks, dumbass, fartknocker, pussy, bitch, motherfuckers, dikes, cockgobbler, hicks, white trash, rednecks, just plain stupid, they suck, fuck face, fuck head, asswipe, dick, chock on a dick, you mother is a whore, I hate you, Eat a dick, die in a fire...actually, retard is just one of many hateful things I can say that is in my arsenal. Did you know you have the right to grow the fuck up and take being insulted like a man, or I don't know, return the fire, or say thank you. The middle finger works too...dick head.

  • [-]
  • geareddev
  • 1 Points
  • 21:02:29, 26 April

>why do you think it's okay

What do you mean by 'okay?'

>Do you use the words "gay" or "fag" in a derogatory manner?

Do you use the words "gay" or "fag" AT all? Yes. You just did. With an informative intent.

And that's not 'okay' to some people.

They might say, "There's no reason for it, it isn't informative, and it makes you look like a fool.

Context matters. Everyone is offended by something. There's no reason to censor yourself to a ridiculous level like you're suggesting we all do.

  • [-]
  • your-fartbox
  • 0 Points
  • 20:56:57, 26 April

As a professional clown your use of the word "fool" offends me. Do you realize how offensive that is? You clearly don't know the history behind that word.

  • [-]
  • RafeVL
  • 0 Points
  • 20:57:37, 26 April

This is the most retarded thing I've seen all day.

  • [-]
  • Chiefbowls
  • 0 Points
  • 20:58:53, 26 April

ugh not another faggot retard

  • [-]
  • jd1323
  • 0 Points
  • 20:56:36, 26 April

Suppression of the word gives it power you retarded fag.

  • [-]
  • x-mencollector
  • 31 Points
  • 19:04:17, 26 April

You don't respond to a question like that. You stop what you are doing get up and leave. It is an immature question at a time that is inappropriate.

That is a bullshit game and the only way to win such a game is not to play. Adults don't do that to each other.

  • [-]
  • RussellManiac
  • 11 Points
  • 20:15:32, 26 April

She was 23, I'm 50. There were other things going on, and I ended up breaking up with her for other reasons (She tried to buy a $1000 gift certificate for Macys without my knowing...fraud protection caught her). She definitely kept bringing it up though in not so subtle ways such as wanting me to pay for lipo, lol.

Let's just say I'm not sorry it happened (the question and answer).

  • [-]
  • potatob
  • 10 Points
  • 20:40:13, 26 April

> She was 23, I'm 50.

Niiiice bro.

  • [-]
  • voxilla
  • 6 Points
  • 20:52:58, 26 April

Two types of people...

  • [-]
  • unglad
  • 14 Points
  • 20:34:37, 26 April

> She was 23, I'm 50.

Congratulations!

  • [-]
  • Emerald_Triangle
  • 2 Points
  • 21:01:56, 26 April

That's what I like about them; I get older, they stay the same age.

  • [-]
  • s11entscope
  • -6 Points
  • 20:37:31, 26 April

>She was 23, I'm 50.

Creepy bro.

  • [-]
  • benjalss
  • 8 Points
  • 20:45:03, 26 April

Hey she knew what she was doing... $1000 gift certificate. Sometimes you gotta suck a little shriveled dick to get those gems you deserve.

  • [-]
  • Cacciaguida
  • 4 Points
  • 20:45:41, 26 April

not really.

  • [-]
  • s11entscope
  • -4 Points
  • 20:48:53, 26 April

^^man with a strong moral compass right here^^

  • [-]
  • Cacciaguida
  • 8 Points
  • 20:51:30, 26 April

Morals have absolutely nothing to do with it, it's two consensual adults for godsakes.

And yes, I'm a libertine.

  • [-]
  • GreenlyRose
  • 1 Points
  • 20:57:41, 26 April

Thank you! "I have several decades of experience as an adult, raising children and building a career, I think I'll pair up with someone who has only recently learned to buy their own toilet paper." Ew.

  • [-]
  • oh_illinois
  • 1 Points
  • 21:01:00, 26 April

yes it is. as a 24 year old i will never date men that much older; find someone your own age or there's something wrong with you

  • [-]
  • alienpantsfarm
  • -8 Points
  • 20:38:11, 26 April

You seem verrrry interesting. Do you mind if I put you on a list?

  • [-]
  • n3lin
  • 28 Points
  • 18:25:35, 26 April

If she couldn't handle the truth / don't appreciate the courage it takes to be honest and open, then she ain't worth it in my opinion.

  • [-]
  • omegatheory
  • 46 Points
  • 18:29:52, 26 April

No joke, it was such a loaded question anyway. If he would have said her, she'd have called him a liar, because deep down she knows she has a few extra pounds on her and she feels insecure about it, she'd project that right onto him. Answer honestly and you're nothing but a dog. Catch 22 all the way around. Been there done that. Look for a woman who doesn't HAVE to ask you that kind of question.

  • [-]
  • Ozwaldo
  • 19 Points
  • 18:41:27, 26 April

Right and she already knows what the honest answer is, she just wants to hear you lie for the sake of protecting her feelings. So you say, "you are", and she says, "no im not" and then you go on telling her how beautiful you think she is, and she's successfully fished for compliments.

  • [-]
  • RedMcGibonNaziHunter
  • 8 Points
  • 19:25:37, 26 April

He should have countered: "Which one of you two is less shallow?" Argument over. Relationship over.

  • [-]
  • cooliesNcream
  • 1 Points
  • 20:56:32, 26 April

or address her feelings in a productive way: "I feel that this question is full of insecurity and please tell me how you feel because I will do my best to help you feel better about yourself. We can do more activities, eat cleaner foods that I'll make for you."

yeah nvm that still sounds awful

  • [-]
  • GreenlyRose
  • 1 Points
  • 20:59:08, 26 April

When you date women half your age, it's not because you're looking for someone mature and self-confident.

  • [-]
  • TheBrovahkiin
  • 3 Points
  • 20:53:42, 26 April

I typically answer questions like that with another question. Politician style.

  • [-]
  • syringa
  • 13 Points
  • 19:11:28, 26 April

You guys have a lot to learn. It's clear that she just wanted to be complimented. She may been using bad logic, but he had an opportunity to make her feel good about herself, but instead you crushed her self confidence. Would it have been so hard to just "yes, of course you are :)" and then be done with it? Sometimes the truth hurts, and honesty is not always the correct answer.

If you want a girl who NEVER fishes for a compliment every once in a while you're going to have hard time finding her.

  • [-]
  • Saerain
  • 4 Points
  • 20:47:15, 26 April

And a happier, saner time with a clearer-headed person when you do.

  • [-]
  • meean
  • 8 Points
  • 20:18:22, 26 April

> It's clear that she just wanted to be complimented.

HAHA.

  • [-]
  • HobKing
  • 2 Points
  • 20:51:26, 26 April

I don't get it.

  • [-]
  • UntimelyMeditations
  • -4 Points
  • 19:16:08, 26 April

I appreciate truth above everything else. If I ask a question, I want the truthful answer. I expect the same of those I surround myself with. If that makes my dating pool tiny, well, so be it.

  • [-]
  • caw81
  • -1 Points
  • 20:12:55, 26 April

> I appreciate truth above everything else.

So says the man who created an anonymous account.

  • [-]
  • RFine
  • 3 Points
  • 20:51:22, 26 April

truth and accountability is not the same thing.

  • [-]
  • Gotterdamerrung
  • 6 Points
  • 20:09:17, 26 April

Contrary to popular belief, honesty is not, in fact, always the best policy.

  • [-]
  • brownmatt
  • 5 Points
  • 19:54:01, 26 April

> My girlfriend and I were getting hot and heavy

did you think saying "your friend" was going to help turn her on?

  • [-]
  • jdb12
  • 3 Points
  • 20:27:04, 26 April

What kind of question is that?

  • [-]
  • RussellManiac
  • 2 Points
  • 20:28:23, 26 April

I did point out to her later...why would you even ask a question like that?

  • [-]
  • jdb12
  • 2 Points
  • 20:33:47, 26 April

What'd she say then? I feel like often it's an insecurity thing, and that's fine, but if it's as a test, that's just douchy.

  • [-]
  • RussellManiac
  • 1 Points
  • 20:55:13, 26 April

She agreed that it was a question that she shouldn't have asked.

  • [-]
  • Nemphiz
  • 2 Points
  • 20:43:09, 26 April

"Babe, you are WAY prettier than her. It's not even a question"

That is the only acceptable answer man. You could be in a relationship with a Wookie and that's what you have to say.

  • [-]
  • bubbasteamboat
  • 2 Points
  • 20:47:04, 26 April

Trust me. You did the right thing. If you are asked for your honest opinion then you should deliver an honest response. The reaction of the person asking the question is not your responsibility.

  • [-]
  • Sergnb
  • 2 Points
  • 20:52:49, 26 April

Good on you, if your partner can't handle that s/he is not the only thing that your life revolves around, then s/he doesn't deserve you.

  • [-]
  • Teddyknockout
  • 0 Points
  • 19:46:17, 26 April

Its a test girls throw at their man, you just need to defuse and change the subject. You fell right into that trap bro.

  • [-]
  • mrbrianxyz
  • 0 Points
  • 20:40:55, 26 April

lel

  • [-]
  • sk3pt1c
  • -3 Points
  • 18:28:09, 26 April

Duuuude, you never answer such questions! :) I would just go "ha, right! As if i'd answer that!" and change the subject :)

  • [-]
  • Ozwaldo
  • 20 Points
  • 18:42:58, 26 April

I'd go with, "...are you thinking about other women?! Here I am obsessing over your body and you're off thinking about other women?!?!" and act upset.

  • [-]
  • Gotterdamerrung
  • 2 Points
  • 20:16:00, 26 April

My god, it's so beautifully simple. It successfully answers the question in a way that isn't dishonest and compliments her at the same time, while at the same time turning the issue around on her and giving her cause to feel silly for even asking it. You are a silver tongued devil.

  • [-]
  • RussellManiac
  • 1 Points
  • 20:26:21, 26 April

It is, actually, quite brilliant.

  • [-]
  • philliperod
  • 1 Points
  • 19:53:07, 26 April

You're a devil. A clever devil at that. I like it.

  • [-]
  • RandomPerson200
  • 2 Points
  • 18:44:00, 26 April

Lol then you just answered it according to Satan aka his gf.

  • [-]
  • totes_meta_bot
  • 4 Points
  • 20:42:54, 26 April

This thread has been linked to from elsewhere on reddit.

^I ^am ^a ^bot. ^Comments? ^Complaints? ^Message ^me ^here. ^I ^don't ^read ^PMs!

  • [-]
  • Sergnb
  • 1 Points
  • 20:49:22, 26 April

Reminds me of how just yesterday my friend was telling me he broke up with his girl because she told him "you are just too logical!".

  • [-]
  • UnicornsPoopSkittles
  • 1 Points
  • 20:56:02, 26 April

Men are handicapped when it comes to arguing with women.

  • [-]
  • Fortini
  • 1 Points
  • 19:13:23, 26 April

You need to answer these sarcastically, so you're telling the truth still. like..."Yeah, shes soooo much hotter than you, psh" in the most sarcastic way possible